intensive two-day event will examine trends in forest certification,
legality verification and markets in China and around the world.
Participants will explore ways to harmonize policy and practice
for a positive change, and learn technical skills from workshops.
HONG KONG MACAU CENTER
1 . Explore the policies and practices that are bringing legal and
certified forest products to market
2 . Help companies take advantage of changing policies and
consumer trends that favor certified and/or legal forestry practices.
TUESDAY SEPT 7 PLENARY SESSIONS
* Global Trends in Policy – What Business needs to know; EU, USA,
and implications for China
* Markets – Latest research on Forest Products Markets; Consumer “Green”
Preferences; and Corporate Social Responsibility
* Best Practices – What are Leading Businesses doing? Case studies
Forest, Manufacturing and Retail
* Solutions: Tools to help industry comply with changing policy and
WEDNESDAY SEPT 8 TECHNICAL WORKSHOPS
* Introduction to Forest and CoC Certification and Legality Verification
* Bringing certified products to market: Challenges & Opportunities
in Sourcing and
Supply Chain strategies
* Supply Chain Management and Timber Tracking
* Chinese Policy – Detailed Exploration
* FLEGT, Lacey, and other International Policy – Detailed Exploration
INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT: Angela Hu, Liu Xiaoli, Xu Bin
Tel: 0086-10-62888948, 62889754, 13811276071 Fax: 0086-10-62888709 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com www.cfcn.cn/cmc3.asp
This event is partially funded by the USAID/RAFT Program, and the EUEFI FLEGT Asia Programme .
FLEGT Asia is funded by the European Union, and cofunded by the United Kingdom,
Finland and Germany.